Eleven days, three borders, more than 504447 interactions and 5.5 million people reached, VOA Noticias coverage of the Venezuelan crisis for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram produced original and timely information for Latin Americans.
Our followers learned about people’s struggle, challenges, family separation, fear and the hope for a better future.
We used 360 videos to document borders, as well as conditions in refugee camps, and neighborhoods that have changed due the arrival of Venezuelan refugees. Facebook Lives shed light about the refugee crisis; people who are fleeing their country. Some walking for more than 20 days, crossing countries without money and food.
At the same time, many of our social media publications became the platform for Venezuelans to exchange tips, expectations and concerns about their current situation in their country.
In addition to our original Social Media content, a Live Blog with all these publications has been available.
- Reporters: Celia Mendoza and Alejandra Arredondo
- Social Media Copy Editors: Betty Endara, Mitzi Macías and Luis Facal
- Video Stories Script Editing: Maria Franco and Lina Correa
- Awards Bridge Editor: Cristina Caicedo
- Executive Producer: Diana Logreira
- Division Director: Clara Domínguez